Assessing a welding procedure and writing a Welding Procedure Qualification Record (WPQR) or PQR is outlined in many industry standards. In todays’ business environment, companies all over the world are included in projects that require approvals of processes and welding personnel according to ASME, AWS, CWB, ISO, QB, and other codes and standards.
Frequently, existing approvals are not recognized or require validation. In some cases, it is possible to utilize the existing approvals and approve with a limited number of tests, based on preexisting qualification and test records.
We are experts in:
- Reviewing contract requirements pertaining to manufacturing and proof of compliance
- Assessing existing qualifications for WPQR/PQR, Welder Performance Qualifications, Operator qualifications, WPS, project requirements
- Creating a gab analysis to meet existing requirements
- Converting existing approvals to meet contract requirements, based on assessment results
- Witness testing when needed
- Issue the needed reports
- Consult with sales, operations, welding experts, quality management teams
- Be a liaison between OEM and customer
- Are representatives of the customer
At the end, it is essential that welding procedure specifications (WPS) allow welders to consistently produce welds that meet desired requirements without any rework. However, the nature and use of a WPS, and its supporting procedure qualification record (PQR), are commonly misunderstood.
- Over 25 years’ experience working with companies in Asia, Europe, North America
- International Welding Engineers (IWE) on staff
- AWS Certified Welding Inspectors on staff
- NDE Expertise on hand
- Industries we serve include:
- Pressure Equipment
- Piping Systems
- Rail Equipment
- Nuclear Power Plant
- Chemical Plants
- Civil Engineering