Managing quality is part of every company’s day-to-day business. Deciding whether or not to implement and maintain a quality system is based on legislative requirements, your customers, other codes and requirements, or simply the internal drive to manage quality in a reputable and auditable manner. Regardless of the motivation, quality management is an investment, one that supports your company’s performance, goals and strategies.
Our Quality System Capabilities
Audits and Implementation. ECE Global not only audits quality systems, but we also implement quality systems. Our hands-on experience and our understanding of product realization streams, as well as the network of interrelated and interactive decisions (local and multi-site), are among our strengths.
Industry-Focused Service. Depending on the industry, quality system assessments may include different areas of expertise. For instance, when producing steel, the auditing team needs to be familiar with steel-producing processes. A general consulting company with no experience in steel mill audits is not a good fit. ECE Global specializes in the manufacture of rail stock equipment (passenger cars, tank cars, locomotives, etc.) and pressure equipment (pressure vessels, heat exchangers, autoclaves, valves, piping etc.). Since these segments deal with steel, our consultancy is a great candidate for this material-producing industry, too.
Range of Experience. The effectiveness of our services derives from our experience with various types of products and systems. The ECE Global team has undertaken a range of projects related to the implementation of and adherence to quality management systems — from manufacturing tank and passenger cars and performing design reviews of pressure equipment, to setting up or assessing manufacturing processes and inspection programs. This technical background enables us to include real-world objectives in the assessment of quality systems within our industries.
How Do We Help?
ECE Global provides quality system services to companies needing assistance with:
- New systems
- Policy definition
- Implementation *
- Certification *
- Expanding systems
- Gap identification support
- Implementation *
- Certification *
- Maintaining systems
- Internal audits
- Documentation validation
- Identification of improvements
- Implementation support
* Note: We cannot both implement and certify for the same company because that creates a conflict of interest. We have a corporate agreement with DNV, an international accreditation society, which could act as an independent certification body.
Helping Clients Meet Various Standards
Organizations seek compliance with relevant requirements, so they are able to produce and sell products covered by these standards. ECE Global specializes in providing services related to the following quality and quality system standards:
- AAR M-1003 (specification for quality assurance)
- AWS B5.17 (qualification for welding fabricators)
- DIN 27201-2 (proof of maintenance)
- DIN 27201-6 (welding)
- DIN 27201-10 (thermal spraying)
- EN 1090 (execution of steel and aluminum structures)
- EN 15085 (welding of railway vehicles and components)
- ISO 3834 – Parts 2, 3, 4, 5 (quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials)
- ISO 9000:2015 (quality management systems)
- PED 2014/68/EU (pressure equipment directive)
- SPVD 2014/29/EU (simple pressure vessels directive)
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/EU
Why Should You Work with ECE Global?
Our team has extensive knowledge and decades of experience helping clients set up, implement and/or maintain quality systems in accordance with relevant standards. Our clients include owner/operators and OEMs of plants involved in the manufacture of skids and modules, pressure equipment, piping systems, and materials and components. We work in diverse industries, including rail equipment, chemical, energy, petroleum, biotech and pharmaceutical, and food and beverage.